Saturday, September 15, 2018

National Sew a Jelly Roll Day--Happy Tiers

It's National Sew a Jelly Roll Day, and I am ready to cut and sew!

As I mentioned previously, my cousin asked me to make quilts for his two young granddaughters for Christmas, and I was happy to oblige.  I sent him a bunch of photos of quilts from my magazines and we decided on Happy Tiers, a Me and My Sister design, in the April 2016 issue of APQ magazine.  Recently I ordered two Jelly Rolls on Etsy and bought Kona background fabric locally. 


I didn't want the quilts to be too "young" and chose brights that are not babyish for this graphic, fun pattern.  

 Pretty and sweet smaller scale prints with cherries.

Love the name of this line!  These gals are fun to talk to at quilt shows, lots of energy.

  More saturated colors with lots of white, and inspirational phrases.

Meadowbloom by April Rosenthal.  I will leave it up to my cousin as to which quilt goes to which granddaughter, after they are made.  I'm headed to the cutting table right after breakfast :)
#nationalsewajellyrollday

8 comments:

Mary said...

What absolutely yummy fabrics! Great choices. The girls will love their quilts.

Quilter Kathy said...

That looks like it will be fun to sew... enjoy!

Janet said...

These are going to be fun and fabulous...what a great choice of fabric and pattern 😊

Louise said...

What fun jelly rolls! I can't wait to see those happy fabrics sewn into Happy Tiers :)

Janet O. said...

What a unique design, and it will look great in either of those fabric combinations. Looks like these will be fun to sew.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Ditto! Enjoy your sewing!

loulee said...

Those are fun fabrics and as you say not too young so will be loved for many years.

Kate said...

A fun pattern with fun fabrics. Hope you made lots of progress on both.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...