Saturday, September 22, 2018

Three for September--Squirrels

Three for September--this month I am choosing a different WIP to work on for three days at a time.

The Squirrel problem in the sewing room is a constant despite the lack of nuts or other foraging foods...unless precuts are considered foods!  For the next Three for September project, I have two tablerunner flimsies that were the result of thumbing through the book Scrap-Basket Surprises by Kim Brackett, seeing the pattern called Cross My Heart, and needing to try out my idea of using charm squares instead of scraps.  Naturally, this inspiration came at about 10:30 p.m., but I remembered a charm pack of Prayer Flag by April Cornell in a drawer, so it was a Late Night Squirrel.  

The celery green solid was in the stash and worked nicely with the Prayer Flag prints.  I am choosing from stash this daisy print from JoAnn's for backing and a Jinny Beyer print in gold for binding on the larger of the two tablerunners. 

This placemat-sized runner will be backed and bound with this mini dot in a faded red.  Nothing fancy for the quilting but I will be happy to have these off the list.  Kim Brackett has a new book out called Scrap-Basket Bounty, and I'm sure I'll be needing that book too--I love her designs.

Also off the list is the Narragansett Browns quilt, my version of Bonnie Hunter's Narragansett Blues quilt. I finished the binding today and aside from a label, it is ready to be gifted to my uncle.  I hope to have photos of this quilt being delivered tomorrow.

6 comments:

julieQ said...

Such a pretty inspiration!! I love that...squirrels. It describes my entire quilting life, LOL!

Mary said...

Perfect choices for backing and binding. I have squirrels all over the place too!

Loris said...

Lovely work for squirreling :-) You are getting a lot accomplished!

Kate said...

At least they are very pretty squirrels and they used up stash. That makes them very helpful squirrels (not the annoying ones like the ones trying to get into our attic again this year).

Louise said...

Of course those precuts are food! Jelly rolls, honey buns...yum! Cute little plus blocks, they must be pretty tiny. And yet your seams match up so well :)

Judy D in WA said...

Those pesky squirrels! Good job capturing 3 of them. :)
You did great using stash and to catch them.
I had to run over and buy Kim's book before commenting! Does this make Kim a squirrel???

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...