Sunday, November 15, 2020

Slow Stitching Sunday

It has been some time since I joined Slow Stitching Sunday, though I generally do have some handwork going most of the time.  I have continued embroidery on the wool applique blocks from the well-aged Fat Quarter Quilt Shop Greenpiece BOM kit my husband bought me so many years ago.  This week I finished prepping the last four applique blocks, which made me very happy.  I used freezer paper for tracing and cutting the patterns, which worked very well.

 

I got the stem and small bud stitched down this week, and am working on the large flower center.  This one was finished today, the tiny berries and stems: 

 


Binding on this pillow cover also got finished.

This is a block from the Fall Dash Quilt by Sherri McConnell.  I made two pillow covers from the pattern in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine October 2019.  I love churn dash blocks of any kind!  All fabrics were from stash. 

See more Slow Stitchers' work on Kathy's Quilts' blog. Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wool applique pretties are always lovely. Yours is particularly so. Love the pumpkin on your churn dish pillow; it is beautiful. Your pillow is a lovely finish!

Janet O. said...

I think wool applique really lends itself to fall quilts.
Churn dash always appeals to me, too, and I love it with a pumpkin in the center.

Tanya said...

Your wool applique stitches are so uniform! Just lovely! What a good idea to use freezer paper for making the pattern.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...