Sunday, November 22, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching 11/22

Slow Sunday Stitching comes around again on Kathy's Quilts blog.  I just finished hand-stitching the binding on Twilight Hopscotch and am so happy to have a finished quilt to share. I completed the top in April 2019 and sent it off for quilting in September 2020, far too long a gap!

Pattern is from Kim Diehl's Simple Comforts book--I enlarged the lap quilt by one additional row--I'm a tall girl so need length for my lap :)


Quilting by David was the quilter.  I chose Paisley Feather to complement the piecing.  The print fabrics are from the Oh My Darling line by Connecting Threads, with Kitchen Twine as the neutral.  The quilt is getting its first bath--I haven't got a label made but that will need to be handstitched on later.  Kathy mentioned her favorite hand stitching tools--I love the Clover Protect and Grip Thimbles that are soft silicone with a metal top.  They do seem to disappear in the sewing room, I am down to one left!   Another just-back-from-the-quilter quilt awaits binding, but it is a large one and I'll machine bind that one.

8 comments:

Kim said...

It is always a joyous occasion when a quilt we have been working on for so long is finished. I must say your Twilight Hopscotch quilt is gorgeous. Love the fabrics you chose; fabulous for this striking pattern. The Paisley Feather quilting design you chose is perfect. Annie, congratulations on such a beautiful finish!

Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful! Love the pattern. Love the fabric. Love the quilting.

Kathy S. said...

Love how you used two simple greens for this quilt. I LOVE Kim's patterns. Beautiful finish. Congrats!

Sherrill said...

Oh, that's a BEAUTIFUL finish!! I know you're glad it's finally done done. Love it!

Janet O. said...

Oh, I do love a quilt with chains and stars. Very pretty, Annie, and I think the green/white color palette is nice. We always see red/white and even blue/white, but this is a refreshing change. And you could even use it for Christmas!

Jenny said...

Such a lovely quilt with a very elegant colour palette. Well done indeed!

Tanya said...

It's a great quilt! The piecing pattern is lovely and the choice of the quilting pattern fits it very nicely.

Kate said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...