Design Wall Monday rolls around again. See more Design Walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.
In an ongoing effort to clear the cutting table of stacked up quilt tops, there has been a lot of auditioning and cutting. My stash tubs are full, but of such random lengths and patterns that cobbling a backing takes time. A few months ago I bought clearance fabric at two different shops, so at least could start with a two yard piece. First up, the Round Robin top from our small group from guild.
I based this design on a tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew blog, but added an additional round. My blocks are 12" finished.
Although the prints appear black and white in this photo, they are not.
The recently purchased Lotus blossom print is directional so I had to pay more attention when assembling the backing. The navy button fabric has been in stash a long time.
This improv play piece got the top strip added and a backing made from the same solid green mixed with trimmings from another quilt. I even had enough to make the binding. We make placemats for guild that go to a senior center and I enjoy using up odd block parts for this.
The trees are sort of Corona shaped...:)
I used more of the Lotus print, some cutoffs, and one fat quarter for another backing. This is for the Make the Connection top I finished over a year ago.
I love this lady bug print. The neutral on the right was leftover from the Dreamweaver quilt backing I made our son and daughter-in-law for their wedding. Apparently I haven't got a pic of the finished backing.
Finally there is a donated guild quilt top. This is also the Cluck Cluck Sew pattern, with the added heart that the Las Vegas MQG added for victims of the Vegas hotel massacre a few years ago.
There are still plenty of quilt tops hanging in the closet needing their backing and binding partners...