Sunday, July 18, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching July 18

Slow Sunday Stitching--join in with Kathy's Quilts weekly linkup.  Lots of great stitching to enjoy there. 

The Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers Garden of Life project continues to occupy most of my stitching time--the sewing machine has remained untouched this week. But there has been some unsewing...

I noticed AFTER stitching the entire pathway that the bottom of the house was incomplete.  Luckily the area was one color and not very dense. 

Much better with the door full length as it should be.  I also finished off the last row of bricks on the house and added the ecru mortar. 

A bit of grass, the rest of the tree trunks, the zigzag border, and the pink flowers at the top border are all complete.  I got a little start on the bird's head there below the house and tree.  Smyrna crosses will fill the bird's body. I haven't done that stitch before but look forward to working those.  

Since I accidently turned my linen the wrong way when I first started stitching this design, I will have a very tiny top and lower edge to deal with.  I found this mistake after I had completely stitched the house and half of the upper left side of the pattern and alphabet. I'm thinking of adding a fabric border but will decide when all the stitching is done.  

I did also notice that in late night stitching--without great lighting--that the A and B of the alphabet are not the correct color--they are blue, not gray.  But I'm leaving them blue, as a nod to the designers, Alma Allen and Barb Adams--some may be aware that Barb Adams passed away recently and their happy design collaboration has ended after all these years. 

And now for some Baby Spam: 

Youngest grandson Dane feeling Papa's beard during a break in eating his oatmeal.  He is pretty much full time walking at not even 11 months old.  So happy to be able to pop over to visit and help out now that our son's little family lives close by. Mama was getting in a run at the beach while Daddy had to help with inventory at work on Saturday.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Your cross stitch is lovely, beautiful warm colours. Your grand baby is so gorgeous! I saw my granddaughter today who is just six months and had her first taste of pea purée....yum!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful cross stitch project, and the baby is adorable!

carol fun said...

Your stitching is lovely... keep those changes... they make the piece uniquely your own!! What an adorable tot... I'm sure he'll keep all of you running... have a great week!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a beautiful project... I did not notice that the a and b were different colours.
And what a cute baby photo :)
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Kate said...

Hopefully you can make the shorter edges work because it's a beautiful piece. Wow, they grow so fast don't they. Dane has definitely got the cuteness factor down.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...