Sunday, September 26, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching--Copy Cat Pillow

Slow Sunday Stitching--the Copy Cat pillow I am making for Sewtopia's Windham Fabric Challenge is nearing a finish. The fabric line is Five + Ten by Denyse Schmidt.  I got all the machine quilting finished and attached the binding and backing. 



I used the recommended quilting design from the Copy Cats book pattern (By Dawn Navarro). 

Some stitch in the ditch around the legs and a couple rows of quilting in the border finished that job. 


Years ago I used a wool batting for a quilt and could not bear to throw away the cuttoffs.  I'm slicing the leftovers into bits and pulling them into fluffy pieces to use for the decorative balls--that will give the kitties the look of two front paws.  I should have done attaching job before I added the pillow back and binding, but that's a minor issue.  Only two more days to get ready to fly out to Florida! 

See more Slow Sunday Stitching on Kathy's Quilts blog. 

4 comments:

Sherrill said...

Love those kitties!! So you'll be flying overhead (over me) on Tues (?) and I'll be flying the direction you'd normally be (to San Diego) on Thur. Have fun in FL!!

Janet O. said...

Very fun copycats! I think that will be a nice touch to have the little puffy balls to make a separation of the front paws.

Tanya said...

Your quilting looks just great on the kitties! And the addition of the balls is so much fun. Great job!

Barb said...

Absolutely adorable in every way~
love the little cat balls :)

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...