Monday, May 30, 2022

Design Wall Monday--Memorial Day 2022

Design Wall Monday, on this Memorial Day.  See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I spent a good chunk of time yesterday playing with the Adam's Rib blocks (Fons and Porter design) and sewing them together. 


I decided this was a bit too busy, since the pinks are different, and changed to a straight setting. 


It was quite tedious to get all the many seams to nest. I ended up opening up one seam in the top or bottom row of in many of the blocks to flip the orientation of pressing, and in every other row had to press different seams the other way, but was happy I did.  That was a lot of seams to match in these 6" blocks!  The black and white fabrics were mostly leftovers from the baby quilt I made grandson Hunter, who is about to graduate from Kindergarten.  I used the black and white monkey print on the back of his quilt, and had this large width left to use. 

Hunter's quilt:


On this Memorial Day, we remember those who served and lost their lives in that service.  So many young men and women lost over the years.

.  

A patriotic mini quilt on display.  

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

I am getting lazy and find I will go to great lengths to avoid the need to match seams between blocks. Good on you for going to all that effort to make it work.
Love the little patriotic quilt.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...