Saturday, July 9, 2022

More Playing with Charms

There was one final pattern in the Mini Charmers 2 booklet, and I found the perfect precuts in my stash for the Reflections runner. 


I have a lot of cute charm packs that were mostly gifted from Sewtopia or other winnings at Guild, and it is SO HARD to stop hoarding them!  I thought the Violet Craft charms were nice and bright for this quilt and the Lucky Charms went with them well. 


Starting with precuts made the cutting production line go faster; there was some Charm cutting that I was sure I'd mess up, but didn't.  The white fabric was left over from the Basket quilt and there was just enough!


A little sewing and a lot of switcheroo pairing of the tiny parts. 


I did pretty good on the sewing, with only a couple of errors requiring unsewing.  I liked the way the top looked just like this, and waited until the morning to decide on the finish.


I did add the last detail with the stacked squares on the ends.  I'm very happy with the three Mini Charmers.  These should also quilt up easily.    What a fun detour that booklet was!  


No comments:

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...