Monday, April 10, 2023

Design Wall Monday--Plaidish2 Progress

 Design Wall Monday--see more design wall beauties on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I got the final two rows attached to the Plaidish2 quilt top.  


This is a big quilt already, and will grow another few inches in each direction after the outer borders are added.  I spent a couple of hours cutting up colors from my precut 2.5" scrap drawer, which is completely full!  The outer border is assembled in groupings, so lots of mixing and matching will be happening.  


I love using my rotating Omnigrid mat and a small rotary cutter for trimming jobs like this.  


Caught a couple of crows that landed in the backyard--very unusual to see them here.  I watch flocks of them head inland almost every evening, but they don't often stop!  Our hills and lawns are still very green from all the wet weather these past couple of months, though the snow on the local mountains has melted. My favorite volunteer flowers did bloom recently, after a several year absence due to the drought. 


This patch is below the bridge I pass over every day on my way to work.  So pretty. 


I'd say these flower spikes were about 18-20" tall.  Lots of poppies in bloom in different areas, too, including my small backyard patch.  The garden centers have been crowded with folks putting in spring plantings.  I have avoided going on the weekends but plan to get some flowers soon. 

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Plaidish2 looks wonderful!
I have tried one of those round rotating mats. I have their smallest square one, but the corners can be in the way when cutting on a crowded surface.
I wish ctows never landed around here, but they make a regular nuisance of themselves by chasing away smaller, prettier birds.
Oh, I love those flowers. Are they Lupines? I've tried growing them, but I think we get too hot and dry in the summer.

Janet O. said...

Oops, meant to say I HAVEN'T tried the round cutting mat. I proofread my comment AFTER posting it. Brilliant of me. :)

Kate said...

Pladish 2 is really bright and colorful. Enjoy finishing it up. The flowers are beautiful. Are those Lupines? They look a lot like the Texas blue bonnets.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...