Monday, November 28, 2016

Design Wall Monday--11/28

Off my design wall is a couch quilt for DD Erica.  I had all the blocks made by a couple of weeks ago but didn't get the chance to assemble the top until the day after Thanksgiving.  My sewing room (our former family room) had been cleared out to make way for furniture moved from the living room while we had tables and chairs there for Thanksgiving crowd of 21.  We had a great time as always and enjoyed all the family togetherness. Grandsons Cove and Hunter were very popular, naturally. 

It was so nice to just open my sewing desk Friday morning and get started assembling the rows.

The pressing instructions for this quilt (Star-Crossed, APQ magazine April 2016) ensured that all seams nested.  I only had one block where I pressed one seam wrong and otherwise everything matched up well.  These 16" blocks make a fast quilt top. 

DD Erica came over Sunday morning to help me pin it.  QC was provided by Mini. 

She takes her job pretty seriously, lol.

Quilting commenced after a trip to the garden shop on a very windy afternoon.  It was nice to sit in the warm house and quilt straight lines.  Not sure what I'll do in all the white background as yet, probably something very simple, using invisible thread, I think.

This beautiful flower arrangement my brother gave me on Thanksgiving has opened and looks wonderful with the lilies blooming.  Love the color mixture!  See more Design Walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Twenty-one for TG! You really did have a crowd. The flower arrangement is gorgeous.

Janet O. said...

Your daughter's quilt looks really nice. I really like the warmth of the earth tones.
What a gorgeous bouquet!
Sounds like you had a great holiday gathering!

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful flowers and a beautiful quilt too!

Kate said...

Your speeding your way through that project! Enjoy the stitching time and the flowers.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...