Monday, February 19, 2018

Design Wall Monday--2/19


While I've been away from the blog the last couple of weeks, I have been stitching.  The churn dash block swap has been my main project, along with more Thomas Fire donation quilts. Our guild has had sew-ins every weekend for many weeks.  I sewed from home, not wanting to lug all my stuff around (lazy!)


Our Guild president laid out this set of blocks and I sewed it together.  I did have to replace one block that was an inch too small.  The colors turned out pretty, I think, and I love the offset setting.  Unfortunately I missed last week's guild meeting where a family came and picked up four quilts.  We will continue to make quilts for Thomas Fire victims. Our guild will have a booth at QuiltCon to collect donations of blocks, batting, etc.  Lots more quilts to be made!  My sister and I will be attending QuiltCon on Friday.  Kathy has a class but I will probably just go to a lecture or hang out with fellow guild members during that time. 

The second set of churn dash blocks for Barb's swap (Fun with Barb blog) have this cute cross and plus background fabric.  The blocks are small so the print looks a little sparse, but I love the charm.

Final set is this jade green with a text print that has words about fabric and design, it is a print by Robert Kaufman.  I almost drove myself crazy trying to find a missing set of HSTs waiting to be sewn--but they were already trimmed down and sitting on the cutting board.  Sheesh. 


I had fun staging the purple blocks in stairsteps.
 These will need to get popped in the mail before Friday in order to make the long cross-country  trip.  I'll look forward to receiving everyone's version of this Modern churn dash. 

Blogger is being very weird today and jumping around when I move my mouse over the typing.  Formatting is also not working.  

See more Design Walls on Small  Quilts and Doll Quilts. 

8 comments:

Sherrill said...

Your churn dashes are so pretty and someone will be lucky to receive those! And you are brave to sew donated blocks together. I worked enough on both donation and raffle quilts to know how tough it is to put the work of so many different sewists together.

Mary said...

I love the way your donation quilt turned out! Nice churn dash blocks too.

julieQ said...

Good! I will get one of your pretty blocks, and you will get one of mine!! Love your donation quilt work...what a horrible thing to live through.

Kate said...

The donation quilt turned out beautifully, love the setting. Your churn dash blocks are looking great too. Hope you continue to find time to stitch.

Janet O. said...

That is a really lovely donation quilt. Love off set designs, and the colors on this are warm and inviting.
Your churn dash blocks look really crisp!
Blogger has done that to me before. So maddening. Almost didn't finish my post when it was happening to me. Next time it was normal. Go figure.

Tanya said...

The asymmetrical quilt is wonderful! It looks like a good pattern to use up scraps!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Bless you and your group for the work you are doing for the fire victims! How was QuiltCon? I hope you had a great experience, I did when it was in Savannah a year ago; so much to see! Those churn dashes are just precious; well done!

Preeti said...

These are pretty blocks, Annie. Love all the bright colors against the white background. I am sure they will delight all those who receive them. Oh I know, when I have kept something so safely that even I cannot find it.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...