Monday, March 16, 2009

She got it!




Susie emailed me that she received the little batik wallhanging and thought it was beautiful--I am so happy she liked it. Finally I can share pics! The first is the sandwich pinned and the second after quilting. I thought I took a shot of the little quilt all finished but apparently not--see the binding clips all around! It finished at about 20 x 28 or so, maybe a little bigger/wider (didn't measure the final result!)
I did get some things on my list accomplished over the weekend--binding was sewn to G-man's quilt and about halfway hand-stitched on the back. Also did a little shopping to pick up some blacks and shirtings for The Boy's quilt. The last two times I have been in my LQS I have been searching for two hard to find fabrics: white/cream with a green print, of which I found one that was truly what I wanted, and this last time for a gray print--preferably reproduction. Don't know why both are so difficult to locate. I did find something suitable though not exactly what I had in mind. I popped over to JoAnn's fabrics too, just looking at the sales, and found a cute print for making a baby quilt for my newest nephew, Baby John. I had in mind a fast baby quilt I had saved a PDF for, minimal cuts so that the majority of the panel would show, from a free pattern on Quiltmaker for a "Super Sized 9 patch". I haven't quite decided if that's the right pattern for this fabric but it is a great idea for some other stash fabric that can be made up in a hurry for charity quilts.
Off to work now==jobs #2 and 3....




No comments:

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...