Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More from Cotton and Chocolate

Other finds from The Cotton and Chocolate Quilt store where I bought the batiks in the previous post were this print to match some "cheater" tumbling blocks yardage I bought a couple of years ago at the International Quilt show in Ontario, CA. I plan to make a table runner. The coordinating print is really a little more orange than is showing in the photo. I'll find a black print for binding--didn't see anything that grabbed me this last time.

The last bit bought was the red print below to go with the others I bought when my local JoAnn's store closed.

This is the pattern I plan to use, which was from the Jan/Feb Quiltmaker issue that Bonnie Hunter's scrap users system was featured in, along with her Tropical Twist quilt.
Oops! should have turned that pic and sorry for the glare--a great photographer I am not!
This quilt is somewhere down the line in "to do's". My priorities are to finish hand quilting G-man's quilt, get the backing sewn for The Boy's quilt, and get the top together for E-1's quilt. Oh, and I started another project from some oriental print leftovers from Susie's quilt, for a wedding present needed in June. Focusing isn't my strong point this year, I guess!

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Focusing is overrated! This is way more fun. Love what you're working with here!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...