Sunday, April 5, 2009

No I'm not quilting

Unfortunately I haven't done any quilting this weekend so I'm showing a previous project. This was a strippy quilt I made from the Sanctuary line by 3 Sisters for Moda, from the first jelly roll I ever bought. Cousin Florence was retiring from nursing after 30 years at Georgetown University's teaching hospital and I thought she surely deserved a quilt.

Working on the binding with my ever present Pepsi Uno. I had to get the quilt finished so my mom and dad could deliver it to Florence in Maryland for me.
The flower on the label was one of many I prepped but decided not to put on the front of the quilt since it was so busy anyway. Someday I'll do something with the others!

Florence with her quilt. This photo shows the yummy soft colors well.


Today's spur of the moment thought to go to Cotton and Chocolate , a quilting shop about 1/2 hour away, was spoiled by some terrific traffic when I went to pick up my MIL from the train station at 2:20. It took me 15 minutes to go less than a mile from the offramp to the train station! The delay was enough to make it too short a window to enjoy the shop before it closed at 4pm. I bought the matching fabric for the above quilt's borders, backing and binding at that shop. They carry so many of the Moda lines, I just love to go there. Maybe next weekend!

No comments:

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...