Thursday, June 18, 2009

S-O-A-R

Well, first here's a pic of Mini in her favorite spot: on my quilt on our bed. She loves it there! This week there have been two attempted murders in the backyard: she got a mouse one day and a bird the next. Both were still living the last time we saw them, but who knows what happened. And this is AFTER we put her in the reflective collar with a bell!


Here is my finished word project for Tonya. Yeah, doesn't really look that much like my sketch, does it! I wish it did, I would be much happier with it. I like my fabric choices though; that blue print hides all my 800 seams pretty well.

Closeup of the way-too-many-seams in the S.

Lastly, here's a pic of our other, very twitchy cat, Amelie, in her favorite spot on Erica's bed, when she is not directly ON Erica.

Tonight is another exciting evening brought to you by Laundry and Mail. I'm off to get to it!

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love your word, seams or no seams. It's great! You certainly know how to make your kitties happy! Purr...

jovaliquilts said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! It looks great! I love the way you lifted the O and elongated the A -- it soars!

Holly said...

I love the O and the A in Soar. Very creative. The A reminds me of a backless dress with straps across the back. Grant's quilt is awesome. Nice job!

*karendianne. said...

"Another exciting night brought to you by laundry and mail!" Always hilarity here I do find. Your word is so very very cool. As I sit here I find I must comment on Mimi and her adventures. Always I respect the huntress ~ such a great & powerful symbol. I'm not all for murder but I must respect the majesty of the female cat, the huntress. And Amelie is the lover. What a nice cat home you have. :) Fun Post!

Chris Daly said...

I love your Soar! I saw it on Tonya's blog and had to come and see what your were up to on your blog. Lovely quilts. I'll be back to visit again. Chris

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...