Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nick's Monster

Last night my floor reservation resulted in a long pinning party. Mom's living room had to be cleared of four pieces of furniture, two rugs, a lamp, and have her dining room table and chairs pushed to the wall. Just taping down the backing took about half an hour! Luckily my MATH worked out and there was plenty of backing to accommodate the quilt top. We pinned and pinned and pinned until the pins ran out---I made a trip to Michael's craft store to buy more pins while Mom made us some dinner (lamb chops BBQ'd and artichokes--yum!). We returned to pinning but it became quickly apparent that I didn't buy enough pins as there were about 25 squares left to do of the 121 in the quilt top! This time Mom ran out to the drugstore and bought some packs but they were an "assortment" and we ended up having to use the small size safety pins to finish up the job. We started at about 5:30 and finally got the living room back together about 9:30. Whew!
Mom's camera was in Arizona with Dad and I used my phone to take a couple of shots before we started pinning. Mom said she's buying me about 500 of those curved quilting pins for Christmas because she always ends up helping me and those little pins were really a pain. I couldn't have done it without her--Thanks Mom! "Nick's Monster" is the new name of this quilt! I may have to add an adjective to that after I start to do the machine quilting....

3 comments:

loulee said...

Well at least it's a good looking monster!

*karendianne. said...

I bet you could hear a pin drop by the time you were done. ...if there were any around. I have to say I really dig this quilt. It's a beauty!

Stephanie D said...

It's amazing to me that you were able to rope anyone into that, as this is a huge job and done for love, definitely not money!

Great support group you've got going there!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...