Saturday morning I went to the local fabric store to buy thread for my own project (quilting Nick's Monster) and who should I run into but Laura! After some shopping I followed her back to her house and tried to help her get her bobbins wound. Unfortunately, the ones she bought did not fit the Husquvarna--she has a more basic version of the same machine I have. So after a quick phone call, off we went to the only place in town that actually sells sewing machines and had the right ones. Finally bobbins were wound and the machine threaded correctly--Laura has had trouble with that ever since she lost her instruction manual. I pinned the first segments and she pieced away while I ironed. Their supersized dining table was a perfect sewing center.
It was so fun for me to see the joy Laura felt and the confidence grow as she finished her very own first quilt top. Meanwhile, we'll soon have another cutting and sewing session for a quilt for her other daughter and hopefully she will go home with two tops ready to be sent out to the quilter. My brother is going to have to get used to having fabric all over his house like my DH has!