- County Fair favorites: Indian Fry Bread with powdered sugar and associated shower of dust coating my face and shirt with each bite; little kids sunburnt in strollers; people watching--and the gawking at totally inappropriately dressed girls and women; The Children's Barnyard with baby animals. This year there was a miniature donkey named Annie! And of course all the lights, music, rides, and exhibits. We haven't missed a Fair in 25 years and hope to keep up the streak.
- I forgot how easy it is to change a room with paint. We put two coats of primer over the blue/gray/black stripe Nick had painted his room at the rental house. Then a final coat of eggshell finish paint and it looked all brand new--and boring white!
- The rental agent's remark on seeing a bright blue wall in the garage: "It makes the garage look short". What? So we peeled the gloss paint off like skin off a sunburn. Kinda fun, actually.
- It turns out moving my sewing room downstairs was perfect timing with warmer weather now hitting us. Nick says it is "a billion degrees" in that south facing room. He exaggerates, it is only a MILLION degrees.
- I ordered my sewing desk. It has been five days since I placed my order and that seems soooo long ago. Now that it is nearly here I'm imagining how I'll have to relearn a sewing posture that doesn't involve raising my shoulders and arms!
- Next week school starts again. It still seems wrong to me that it isn't September after Labor Day for the first day of school.
- Can't have a post without a pic or two. Here are the last of the Fair photos:
Are these diaper towers popular in your area for baby showers? Start with a tub of baby wipes and make cake layers from rolled up disposable diapers, adding toys, teethers, etc. This one has bunny-eared slippers on top, pretty cute!
This painted box was so pretty, but difficult to get a photo of because it was in a glass case with lots of other painted treasures. The box was about 12 x 18 inches in size. Delicate beauty!
This muted, more modern looking quilt caught my eye too.