Monday, October 25, 2010

Design Wall Monday--Oct 25, 2010

On my Design Desk today are some gorgeous fabrics to go with my 9 Patch Swap blocks.  I bought these on my weekend trip at a wonderful shop, the The Temecula Quilt Company, which specializes in Civil War prints only.  UFOs, WIPS and PIBs will have to wait, these 9 Patches are pretty bossy.

These three fabrics will form square in square blocks--the two fabrics will form star points.  I just love the cheddar fabric!

This more caramel print and cream will be made into large hourglass blocks to alternate with the 9 Patches.  Can't wait to get cutting!  See Judy's blog for the other Design Walls. 

10 comments:

libbyquilter said...

:-) had to smile when reading about the "bossy" nine patches~!!~
love your fabrics and i agree that cheddar is fabulous~!!~

:-)
libbyQ

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Lucky you to get to go to Temecula quilt shop!I ogle over their site regularly. Love how your brother's bowtie quilt turned out. I think these bossy 9 patches are going to be quite happy with your fabrics!

Barb said...

love what is on your design wall!!

Anonymous said...

I have a pattern called Cinderella...that is the same thing you have drawn. :-) I've had it in my stash of stuff for over 10 years....I can share if you like..but you seem to have a handle on it. :-)

Shay said...

I'm sure that when you put this together it's going to be spectacular. The blocks are already eye catching.

kwiltnkats said...

Cheddar seems to be a big favorite these days. Have you noticed that Bonnie Hunter is a big fan too? An earlier blog she quipped had someone sending her a hunk of cheddar...I'll not give you any more clues to this very cute post... It will be worth your look. Like your fabric selections that will go with your cheddar!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

OOOOOOOOOOOh, I see something purty happening here. Thanks for sharing.

Angie in SoCal said...

Say, I shop there! So you came inland this weekend. It's a fun store. Look forward to seeing your quilt.

Nina Marie said...

These fabrics look so famialar - its funny how they repeat prints - I had a whole set of these from the mid 90's made by Marcus brothers. Can't wait to see them used!

Chris said...

I never thought of my projects as bossy, but now that you mention it...I have bossy project too LOL.
The nine patches will look fabulous with the cheddar fabric.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...