Monday, October 4, 2010

Design Wall Monday--Oct 4, 2010

Halloween was on my mind this weekend after I did some fall decorating.  I'll bring out the Halloween stuff in another week or two--but definitely want to finish my witches. 
I have lots and lots of strips precut at 1 1/2" that the original pattern called for but I didn't like, so I believe I would have enough to do a piano key border. 

But I also like them set brick style.  Opinions, anyone?

I played with some charm pack leftovers last night too.  I love this line called Scaredy Cat, and made a small tumbler quilt from it last year, see pics here.  It is a Minnick & Simpson design from a few years ago and  their newest line has the same colors and fun designs. 



The square patchwork pieces will be mug mats and the rectangle some sort of small table decoration with the addition of borders and backing.  There are only tiny scraps left of this charm pack now!  Go to Judy's blog to see all the other Design Walls.

14 comments:

Chris said...

I love the Scaredy Cat line. Too fun. Your witch is looking fabulous.

Richelle said...

She is great! I really like the piano key border, for some reason to me it just looks more colorful. The Scaredy Cat tumblers and coasters are so cute! Lots of fun!

Charlene S said...

I like the piano keys best of the two.

Vicki H. said...

your little leftover quit is so great!! Love your blocks. I need to find that Scaredy Cat line.

Shay said...

She looks like a very happy witch. Not at all scary.She's smiling.

I like the piano keys too.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are having fun there!
I like the bricks style because it follows the movement of the witches' hair.

Angie in SoCal said...

Nicest witch I've ever seen - didn't even think it was a witch, just a cute girl. I like the horizontal strips as it looks like a scarf around her neck.

Barb in Mi said...

Lately I have seen several of the witches quilts - and really like them. My vote is for piano key border!

*karendianne. said...

You knew I wasn't going to miss commenting on the witches. Nope, I wouldn't miss that! I quite enjoy your little piecing projects, too. I was thinking yesterday about what I could make for my neighbor and you're getting me thinking. Thanks, friend.

scraphappy said...

What fun and happy colors. I hope it gets done in time for Halloween.

Joyful Quilter said...

I vote for the piano key border. Isn't it fun to make little somethings out of leftovers.

Vivian said...

Ms Witch is definitely looking good. You have the false eyelashes ready to go, right?
I agree --that's a great line of fabrics. Wouldn't Halloween fabrics be boring without the purples and that great green? Nice projects.

Lori said...

How cute is that?!

Browndirtcottage said...

...Boo-licious....you certainly aren't a scardey
cat with your projects here!!! HA!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...