- I continue to learn about measurements, far, far from my school days...Recently I read that an acre is about the size of a football field. Now I can actually picture that in my head. However, that brings up a confession: I have never been to a football game. Lots of soccer, baseball, softball and basketball games, but no football. It's loud and people get hurt far too often. I can't watch!
- Another measurement I learned is the size of your stomach, which only holds about 16 ounces. Check THAT out--not a lot of area! Makes it a lot easier to picture how little food a person actually can eat before being full, literally.
- My mom and dad stayed the night in Paducah, Kentucky on their way back from Ohio. They brought me a book from the National Quilt Museum that they toured and were very impressed by, as well as the city itself. Lots to do there arts-wise. I'd like to go there someday too!
- Grant and I were supposed to have a getaway last weekend but our plans never solidified. Erica came home on her lunch break from work on Saturday to find us still home and said, "You guys are dumb". Thanks, darling, for your support. We did go out to dinner at least!
- And we also went out to breakfast the following morning. We didn't wake Erica to come with us as she got home verrryyyyy late and we were at the restaurant when she called her dad to complain. He offered to order her something and bring it home but she said she would just have "a bowl of cereal flavored with tears". When we got home much later, after some errands, I asked her how her cereal was and she said "Like a bowl of misery". That girl is too funny.
- It is October and I am happy to note that although this time last year there had been Christmas trees up in the home improvement stores for over a month, I think the rebound of complaints finally hit home and there were none to be seen at our Lowe's store when we went looking at flooring.
- Traffic rant of the week: Yes, it's true, you must actually come to a full stop at a stop sign before you make a turn into my lane from the side street. If you did actually stop then I, the only car on the road, could actually pass by without having to brake, you selfish moron.
- My estimate of what I spent at the quilt show last week was off. I said $80 but when I added up my purchases, it was under $60. I guess I was including the entrance fee and lunch! Here are my goodies:
The fabric in plastic was clearance priced one yard cuts for $5. The others were half yard cuts for $5.50. And some Precensia perle cotton I wanted to try, $16. These were all from different vendors.
I thought the one yard cuts would play nicely with some others I had at home, and they do. I'm thinking they would look great for the Cocoa Baskets from the Sept/Oct 2010 McCall's Quilting.
At the freebies table, I picked up some hexagons. They were labeled Addicting and Contagious.
Pretty fabrics were included. I haven't touched them yet so haven't been infected as yet!