Friday, October 22, 2010

Feverish Friday

Yep, you guessed it, I'm down to the wire on the Bowtie quilt--the birthday party is tomorrow.  It has been a very busy week work wise and then last night was Bunco and I was bushed when I got home---at 10:20 PM!  Wow, the Halloween Bunco was too much fun and my plans to sneak off early fell by the wayside.  Yesterday I got the binding all made, though...

I just love red for a binding!

This morning I spent some quality time tying off threads and burying them. My slightly blurry photo doesn't show the easy threading needle too well, but it was the perfect choice for this chore.  Okay, now I'm off to feverishly attach binding! 

Tomorrow we're heading down south earlier than originally planned because there is a quilt shop in Temecula that I have wanted to go to for a year and a half--and that is not open on Sundays, darn it.  Glad I found that out before the weekend!  My SIL Laura and I will hopefully get to leave all offspring at the hotel and play by ourselves at The Temecula Quilt Company. I've drooled all over their website and can't wait to pet all the C.W. repros in person.   Full report to follow...

10 comments:

Sherrill said...

Ooo, have fun at Temecula..looks like an AWESOME shop! I had bunco this week also and won TOP PRIZE...$25!! WOOHOO, 5 buncos--so awesome! LOL

Darlene said...

Oh, I love Bunco! LOL

Have a safe journey and enjoy the Temecula Quilt Co - someday I'll visit, too. :-)

Barb said...

Have fun tomorrow....your quilt looks great!!

antique quilter said...

have fun!!!! oh your so lucky to get to visit Temecula Quilt shop!
take pictures!!!!
Kathie

*karendianne. said...

Ohh look at that perfect binding, too! Looking forward to pictures, friend. :) Warmly, *karendianne.

Pokey said...

Pretty reds, Hope it all goes together well! Sounds like you'll have a great weekend, quilt store visit and all!

Cindy said...

Looking forward to seeing your quilt when completely finished! I went to a Halloween bunco earlier this week...who knew so many played??!! I was a lucky winner of a $5 giftcard...but only because I had the most snakes!! 4 of them...my poor partners in crime!

Shay said...

I'm late catching up this weekend. I'm sure you got the quilt done and that it looked gorgeous.

Take me to the quilt shop with you!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the red binding! I usually run late with finishing quilts also. I like binding, but always put it off for the last minute. I think it will take less time than it acutally does. Hope you have a great weekend.

Vivian said...

Please share a photo of the finished quilt, and maybe with its new owner? Those are my favorite photos of my quilts--with a smiling recipient.
That quilt shop looks like my kind of place. Happy shopping!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...