- Quilting with friends is THE BEST! It made my tedious straight line quilting whiz by last night on the Bowtie quilt. All is complete in the center. Now I have to think up something jazzy for the spacers and then make the binding.
- I'll be tying off and burying loose threads tonight while receiving my personal concert--band practice is at our house.
- Our dog is a big ball of neuroses. Probably our fault. Last week Erica and Nick were teasing him and the dog's brain was totally twirled. He did the funniest thing ever by trying to go backwards and forwards at the same time as Erica sprinted into the kitchen and Nick was in the living room. We were laughing hysterically and wishing we had video of it. Poor dog!
- The foreclosed house across the street has had men working there on and off for weeks. Their trucks have no contractor's names or other identifying info so we have no idea what's going on. The other morning they were making an ungodly amount of crashing noises such that I had to go outside to see what in the world it was. From the garage they were shoveling what looked like broken up pieces of wallboard, cement and wood into the back of a pickup truck. Wish I could get inside and see...
- Traffic rant of the week: It is bad enough to see drivers balancing small dogs on their upper arms as they stick their heads out, but I saw a guy the other day with a Labrador on his lap, the dog hanging half out the window. Tell me, sir, who is steering? How is it that driving with your medium to large dog standing on your lap blocking half your vision is okay with you? Go home and leave your dog there!
- I have 63 Followers. Amazing!
- Dogs are so happy when you reach down and pet them. Cats wonder why you are only using one hand.
- This time last year I was working furiously on a quilt as well, and getting ready to fly to Australia to my friend Susie's wedding in Port Douglas. Seems so long ago!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Tuesday's Orts--Oct 19, 2010
This week's orts brought to you by briefly rainy skies following a week of gloomy overcast chased away by lightning and thunder last night. I didn't hear a thing!.