- Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's all about family and no pressure of gifts, except for the gift of yummy food and lots of talk and laughter.
- Thanksgiving always makes me miss my Grandma Thelma so much. She was a fantastic cook, all her life, and made putting together meals for dozens look easy. She always wore an apron and despite her neck and hand arthritis, would stand and peel or cut for hours. She made the best pies and the best gravy. The first time we hosted Thanksgiving at our house, she came to help me. When I told her that I had never made gravy her jaw dropped. I will never forget that!
- Grant had arthroscopic knee surgery last week for a torn meniscus and did really well, except for the part where he forgot to elevate his knee overnight and had a lot of pain the day after surgery. Thankfully, it was just the one day. He was expecting A pluses from the doctor at his postop visit.
- Traffic rant: This week I'm talking about grocery store traffic. People! You are not alone in the store. Push your cart to the side and then walk over to the shelf. Likewise if you run into a friend or neighbor and begin chatting, don't stop in the middle! Also, when leaving the register, please walk more than 1 mm per minute so that folks behind you can get out of the store. Thank you.
- My life is so exciting on the weekends. I scrubbed grout for an hour and a half, went grocery shopping, and made lists. Oh, and I watered houseplants.
- My mom and dad bought me a beautiful birthday gift while they were back east (or is Ohio Midwest?):
A gorgeous miniature Shaker wooden box.
It has teeny tiny brads holding the bent wood, which is Birdseye maple sanded and finished to an incredible smoothness.
I love it!