Friday, November 26, 2010

After the cooking...

...Comes all the fun!  We had 17 that ate at our Thanksgiving Day dinner table(s) and it all went very smoothly--doing a lot of the food prep the night before really helped so much, plus the housework and fetching the kids did, along with farming out some of the side dishes and the ham.  The younger people hung out at one table and us oldies at the others.  We were thankful to all be together to stuff ourselves and feel rich in food, warmth, and family!  

Isn't this the coolest, funky taloned plate holder?  It isn't mine but my SIL Laura's--I took this on the Arizona visit.  She has a fantastic eye for the unusual and loves antiques, especially those that are bird related.  It looked great on her absolute black granite countertops.  In just a few weeks we'll see their family and also my sister out here for the Christmas holidays.  Can't wait!  I have the week after Christmas off work from Job #2  and it will be great to spend time with everyone.  I hope we can have a quilting circle at least one or two times, I so enjoy that.   Happy Shopping, everyone! 

4 comments:

Shay said...

Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving and a week off work sounds sublime to me. I havent arranged my holidays yet . I really should get cracking on that.

What an unusual plate holder. Unique!

Julie in the Barn said...

That plate holder is just plain funky. What a kick. Glad your TDay went smooth even without the jello to slide it along. No Black Friday shopping here. Still digging out of the driveway. There isn't any bargains I need to get anyway. My Christmas shopping is about done so Walmart won't get my business no matter how good the prices. How many big screen TV sets does anyone need anyway?? The whole Black Friday thing is beyond my understanding.

Barb said...

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...and that claw food plate holder is just tooo fun!

Lori said...

It sounds like you dinner turned out very good! What a fun plate holder. Sure to bring a smile to anyone that sees it!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...