Erica used a light box and traced 24 of these Fleur de lis onto foundation paper for me.
I measured and pinned the papers onto the quilt and free motion quilted the motif. Voila, a quartet of Fleur de lis appeared on her quilt. Uh, not exactly in record time, however. That was due to some unsewing.
I tried outlining about 1/2" inside the block but didn't like the way it cluttered up the simple motif. I tried two blocks before ripping it all out and proceeding to stitch in the ditch around the big 4 patch. Then I ran out of bobbin thread in the middle of stitching the small center square. More ripping. My upper extremity workout was two hours long with this, wrestling it through my machine with its small throat area! But the lesson is learned and I know where everything is going on the next 20 squares. Except the core is showing through on the spool of thread I'm using so that means a trip to the store. Sigh. Go to Judy's blog to see other Design Walls.