- Suddenly the reality of DD Erica moving to Arizona is slapping us in the face. Yesterday she was changing her address on bank accounts and has been finalizing lists. Packing should commence next week. Yikes!
- Grant told her at dinner that she can't go, he will miss her too much. "D-aa-a-d!" she said.
- Having my sister here for the holidays was fun. It's so great to have quilting buddies around. We went to Cotton and Chocolate in Thousand Oaks on Dec 31st, the last day of their special holiday sale and they were closing early. A customer was wandering around the store looking desperately for her glasses, which she said she knew she had when she walked in. It took her about 20 minutes to find them---they were on the floor by the front door. Hard to believe they didn't get stepped on!
- Traffic rant: Bonehead of the week award to the driver in the far right lane with his left turn signal blinking. The car in the lane next to him (and in front of me) slowed to let him change lanes. Left turn signal guy slowed to a crawl (while we were probably both shouting at him to get over) and then turned RIGHT, into a parking lot. Grrr!
- Vacation days pass at twice the rate of workdays.
- I have 11 days to finish Erica's quilt and make six pillows for her couches. Have you seen how much feather pillow forms cost in fabric stores? Double yikes! I'll be hitting the discount stores.
- My final Christmas gift arrived yesterday, courtesy of DS Nick:
Regular readers may recall I was the lucky winner of a fat quarter stack of Sanibel from Heather Mulder Peterson in a giveaway some months ago. Now I'll be able to put them in a quilt by her design! I favor the one on the cover of Livin Large, or another one from that book, Square Dance. The table runners/table toppers are irresistible in the On the Run book--very quick and easy techniques perfect for precuts.
And finally: Okay, so maybe I didn't QUITE get all the Christmas stuff put away!