After first securing all the zig zag rows with some curved line stitching, I tried a little free motion quilting in the floral bands separating the zig zag rows but did not like the effect of the dark green thread I was using. Too busy. Rip, rip. Then I decided a trellis effect might be nice, so worked a few lines of straight stitching. Too severe. Rip, rip.
Much better! I like the softer curvy lines and the irregular pillow shapes with that pretty floral. Now the hard part will be filling in the open background areas with some emblem/design--feathers would probably be great but I have never done those yet. I may just put the binding on first! See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times.