- At Bunco last week I brought some chicken salad spooned into toasted pita pockets. If you have a Trader Joe's, try their Wine Country Chicken Salad from the deli section, it's delicious!
- I also found they had restocked the Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce that is to die for. I bought two jars.
- Most of the ladies at Bunco are about 10 years younger than I am and have school aged children and even babies. We had a sub who sat in for a missing player and when she asked me the ages of my kids, the reply of 25, 23, and 21 startled her a little bit!
- Traffic rant: Zoomers. These folks come in all ages and sizes but their M.O. is the same. They speed past you, barely clearing your bumper before crossing in front of you to exit the freeway or turn the corner. This behavior makes me want to lay on my horn, but I don't, because it only upsets ME and makes no impression on them, selfish beasts!
- This whole wedding wagon we're riding sure is a complicated contraption. This weekend we'll work on Save the Date cards, a modern fixture that I don't recall existing when I married 26 years ago.
- I've been seeing some late nights with my upcoming deadlines for two quilts. Last night the Brown Bag Quilt (Sunday Picnic) got pinned:
I used some clamps that a generous friend sent to me. Thanks, K! They worked great.
All ready for quilting--it will get an allover design, probably a large stipple. Ordinary, I know, but this quilt is going to Quilts for Japan and will need to be able to stand up to lots of washing. Only three days to finish this and Rick Rack Road. I see some more late nights happening...