- Last Friday I took my quilt top and tools to my mom and dad's after work but never ended up putting the sandwich together. It was nice just to hang out with the folks for awhile and have uninterrupted conversation!
- Why is it is so much easier to sleep in on a weekday than a weekend? Bing! My eyes opened at quarter to seven on Saturday and I got up.
- DD Elaine is my hairstylist (well, the whole family's!). She always does a great job. You should see her "hairdryer arm". Very impressive. She has to work those muscles a lot when drying my long and thick hair.
- After my hair appointment I stopped at the local nursery and ran into my sister in law pulling a wagon with some roses. We chatted for awhile but it was windy and cold so I left without buying a thing. But that happens to me no matter what the weather--I look at everything blooming or growing but can't decide what to buy so I just go home and look at my poor neglected garden.
- Traffic rant: Drivers who park in spots not marked for cars, like against the curbing at the ends of rows, crowding the entrance to the lot, because they are too L-A-Z-Y to drive to the additional parking 100 feet away and walk back to the store entrance.
- Saturday and Sunday it absolutely poured down rain in CA. We got over 3 inches from this storm at the coast and up to 6 inches in the mountains. Naturally, some idiots decide to go hiking or off-roading at these times, necessitating multiple rescue efforts by sheriffs and volunteer units.
- This morning marked a big day for the Casa de Orts clan. It meant me writing a big fat check but our girl Elaine and her fiance are now officially booked for a wedding site in October. Elaine told her man, "Now on to the next thing we have to pay for!"
- Buying ink for a color printer requires as much $$ as filling a gas tank. However, I finally printed out current photos of the family to replace the extremely outdated ones on the fridge.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
This week sure flew by, and here I am posting another late edition of Orts.