Friday, April 15, 2011

International Quilt Festival--Cincinnati, Part 2

Endless variety to enjoy, with frequent breaks when my sister would say, "I really have to vendor now!" and we would shop for awhile before touring another display.  All photos were taken at the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati.

Another amazing, nearly photographic quilt.


Red and White classic.


Loved the colors in this one...

and the texture.


My mom immediately recognized this as Mont St. Michel, having been to France several times.  I was amazed at the perfect reflection in the water achieved by the quilter.

She added a dragon to the sky.


This gorgeous quilt from Japan was large and exuberant.

Still more pics to come--Part 3 to follow.  Plus, The Loot!

3 comments:

Shay said...

I love The White Garden. It's so colourful.

Quilt shows are always inspiring and a little bit intimidating for me.

Vivian said...

Thanks for sharing more lovelies with us. The quilting on all of these is mind boggling. The hours dedicated to each project? the yards of thread used? the source of their inspiration? Yes, mind boggling.
I forgot to comment with your last post -- great photo of you and your sister and your mother. I detect a couple matching smiles. You're obviously having a great time together.

Browndirtcottage said...

LOOT????...did you say LOOT?...Oh I'm sorry, I got excited for a moment!!!

These are certainly some intriguing quilts. That top one looks like a photograph!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...