- Being a WORD girl, I am often bothered by phrases people utter unthinkingly, like "already pre-cut" and "already pre-stained". Somehow the double positive is more annoying than a double negative.
- I've been keeping an eye on Cincinnati weather, since my Mom and I will fly there on Thursday. Seems my raincoat and a lightning rod will be necessary.
- Friday was April Fool's Day, and the ladies at the office locked the gate to the empty parking lot and parked in front of building, pulled all the blinds down, and were going to turn on the alarm system and hide when I arrived. Unfortunately they caught the file clerk instead of me because I took the day off unexpectedly.
- Traffic rant: Folks who aggressively push shopping carts around in stores should be assigned one of those bicycle flags that sticks up so you can avoid them.
- The satisfaction of finishing two quilts last week lent quite a glow to my weekend. I felt very free to rummage and plan my next piecing project. I decided to play with leftovers inspired by the red and white quilt exhibition in New York. Some broken dishes blocks set into a table runner.
- Grant has been doing a lot of cleanup in the planting beds. I see seedlings and mulch in my future.
- One day last week I took a lunch break at a local hamburger joint. I recognized a former classmate I hadn't seen in 30 years. The reason I recognized him was because he had the locker below mine for seven years while we went through junior and high school--they were assigned alphabetically. He recognized me immediately too!
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Tuesday's Orts--April 5, 2011
Today's orts are as varied as always. I'm a bit distracted!