- On our way out to breakfast Sunday, we were talking about dogs. We passed a very large man walking a very small Chihuahua--which looked hilarious to us--and I commented that I heard they were hard to potty train. DH Grant joked that that will be our next dog. I said if we were ever to get another dog, for a small dog I would pick a Pomeranian. Son Nick said, "You would officially be old people if you got a Pomeranian!" Gee, thanks, son.
- Last Friday Bride to Be, Son in Law to Be and his mom and I went to meet a caterer and have taste testing of appetizers and dinner foods. Future SIL loves to eat and his grin kept getting bigger each plate that came out. Early on he said, "The problem here is going to be pacing myself". That didn't seem to end up much of a problem!
- Over the weekend, in doing my medical transcription job a doctor who has a very heavy accent said a word I didn't know. I could not tell if she mispronounced it nor tell just what she was trying to say. I looked in my reference books, all of which are over 15 years old, and found nothing. My co-worker later listened to the dictation and said the word was what I thought it sounded like--patulous--but she found it in a newer radiology reference book. Guess I need to update!
- Baby names these days are getting pretty varied. I mentioned Mariah Carey's twins names, Morocco and Monroe and said that if she liked Marilyn Monroe, why didn't she just call the baby girl Marilyn, because Monroe is a boy's name? DD Elaine said that she knows several Monroes and none are boys. I told that story at work and someone said Mariah and Nick were going for "Roc and Roe" (i.e, rock n'roll). Oh, brother!
- I have not yet seen the fabulous scenery photos my mom and dad took on their recent Yellowstone vacation. But I did receive one in an email from my dad titled "Why Ma was safe in the forest":
She was protected by a small blue bear. See how alert and ready for action he is? Cousin Florence was kept safe too.
There is still time to enter my 400th post giveaway, here. I have had a couple of no-reply comments so far so please make sure there is an email address where I can contact you, either in your comment or tied to a profile. I am really enjoying reading everyone's three non-quilting essentials (personally, I consider chocolate to be a quilting accessory so that's why I didn't include it in my listing of non-quilting needs, LOL).