- Last week was busy at work and we had the unusual feature of patients on Friday afternoon. I didn't leave the office until after 6 pm. My car wore another rut in the office-to-home path and never moved all weekend.
- Saturdays have become almost purely sewing days for me. I even forgot about a movie date with DH until it was too late to get cleaned up and to the theater on time and asked for a rain check. Son Nick gave me much grief for the next 24 hours about "ditching his dad".
- Traffic rant: Turn signals, people! I could repeat this every week. Yesterday a large pickup truck with a rack zoomed from a side street into my lane, causing me to brake, then swung wide and at the last second turned onto the next side street, naturally without a turn signal. This event was seconded moments later by a moron who zoomed behind and tailgated me as I passed another slow moving truck and then swung wide and turned onto the side street from two lanes over, all without signalling.
- DD Erica is coming for a visit this weekend. Not sure how much we'll see of her since she's got lots of friends to catch up with. Maybe I'll peek in on her while she is sleeping, as I used to do when she was little.
- DD Elaine and I hammered out plans for those Mason jars purchased by the dozen a couple of weeks ago. A picture frame is now involved.
- My sister and I both received the same email from my parents the other day, detailing a future possible retirement venture for the both of us:
Mom wrote: "It's in Idaho and with a little love and care, we know it'll be the hottest spot in town." Well, let's see, maybe we could name it The Little Cinder Block Quilt Shop. Nope, still doesn't make it cute enough to move to Idaho! What say you, sister Kathy?