- Suddenly it is the middle of July and DD Elaine's wedding is three months and change away.
- I'd lost 13 pounds on my eating plan as of Saturday but probably gained two back after the block party and cream cheese pie.
- Speaking of pie, I made one Thursday night for my work friend's birthday. DD Erica spotted it and accused me of not loving her because I didn't make TWO. So I had to make another on Sunday. Naturally I had to have a piece from each!
- Yard cleanup is not exactly enhancing to one's looks. I came in covered in fine dirt that stuck to the sunscreen I had slathered on before weeding, there were petals from the Mexican sage in my hair and strands pulled out of my ponytail from the wind, red-orange stains on my arm where I brushed up against a spent daylily, and a crazy amount of dirt under my nails despite wearing gloves. Good thing I'm washable!
- Traffic rant: Due to the lack of fine motor skills too many drivers have, especially on the freeway, I am doing this tutorial: The proper method for exiting the freeway is to SIGNAL first, THEN apply the brakes, not the other way around. Careening over from the second lane at the last moment without signaling and flying up the offramp is also incorrect.
- Sometimes a night of couchpotato-ing happens. I can't help it, I love Wipeout, the game show where adults traverse ridiculous contraptions to win $50,000. Last week was Nerds vs. Beauties. Hilarious. Following that show was another new one, 100 Ways to Leave a Game Show, where wrong answers to trivia questions result in being part of a stunt, such as a car being driven off a cliff with the losing contestant yanked out at the last second by a helicopter. Silly and entertaining.
- I love to walk in my neighborhood and see all the yards. This was my favorite from last week:
I love the wide variety of plants and all the textures. It isn't too "planned" looking, either.
On the other hand, some planning might help this yard. While I'm a fan of the overgrown look, this is a bit too much. Those chairs are wild though!