- Biggest laugh at the wedding shower was during the "how well do you know Elaine" quiz game. The question was "What is Elaine's biggest pet peeve about Chris?" One of her friends, I think it was Stacy, said, "What ISN'T Elaine's biggest pet peeve about Chris?"
Stacy won the quiz game. (The answer to the question is that Chris turns all the damn lights on in the house and then comes and sits down on the couch.)
- I like to read the real estate section of the newspaper on the weekend. There was a very expensive house listed that was advertised as "Newly constructed--in 2008". Um, isn't EVERY house newly constructed? Next we'll read, "Victorian mansion, newly constructed in 1885."
- Traffic rant: As soon as the Fair was over and traffic around our office was expected to return to normal, the City began digging up the dang street again, closing off a main intersection and lanes DAILY. Sigh.
- My camera is frequently used and it does not have rechargeable batteries so I was going through them pretty quickly until I bought these:
Her sister Chelsea didn't win anything but had fun with the ring box game.
I put these Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries in before our trip to Cincinnati in April and they just ran out of juice last week--so four months of use. I think that is remarkable.
- And finally, the happy recipient of the Scrappy Trails/Hot Tamale quilt:
It was so good to see Anna's big smile after all she's gone through the last couple of months with a cancer scare. Her thyroid surgery was successful and her scar is healing very well. Our co-worker tried to convince her that the quilt is ugly and she didn't really want it, but Anna held firm that she loves it!