- Son Nick invited a few friends over on Saturday night to watch UFC fighting on TV. Knowing how I hate boxing, he was happy to call out to me whenever there was a lot of blood or guys getting knocked out. Ugh.
- At his request I made Hamburger Soup, one of our favorites, running out to the store to get supplies but forgetting one main ingredient, canned tomatoes. To the rescue was a HUGE heirloom tomato from a friend. I think the fresh tomato was a terrific substitute.
- Computer problems magically healed themselves at work, come Monday morning, but continued to plague me last night. The Internet went down on my home computer. I shut everything down after several attempts at fixing and trudged off to the bedroom to watch Design Star in a sulk.
- My new favorite TV show is Roseanne's Nuts, starring Roseanne Barr, about her macadamia nut farm on Hawaii and her current life. She's still very funny in the self-deprecating way she always was. The show is a bit silly and occasionally strange, which is probably why I like it. One of my favorite lines from her original standup routine was, "I have anorexia dyslexia. I never think I'm fat enough."
- At work on Friday a new patient walked in 2.5 hours late for her initial consultation (which is 80 minutes long) and gave multiple excuses as to why she missed her appointment, all of which she claimed were not her fault. She did not once apologize for being late and still wanted to be seen that afternoon. Amazing gall, don't you think?
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Tuesday's Orts--Aug 30, 2011
Orts in brief yet again. Some week it may even be a singular ort!