- Taking a break from secret wedding sewing on Saturday found me on my hands and knees, weeding the front flower bed. After an hour of attack, I called in reinforcements from Grant. We made big progress over the next hour but I told him I was picturing General Crabgrass mustering his troops that night for an assault, so Grant got out the big guns: weedkiller spray. Take that, General!
- I wish every weekend was a three-day weekend.
- My boss, Dr. P, after being shown an article I printed out, said that we may need to add another phrase to our guidelines for patients: Don't make the newspaper.
- I showed Elaine an old photo of me at about age 21-22, in which I was wearing running-style short shorts and a skinny tank top. She said, "Well, look at you, Sporty Spice". I don't think she meant it as a compliment.
- Traffic rant: TURN SIGNALS, PEOPLE! They are there for a reason, truly, Mr. Not-Less-Than-Five-Lane-Changes-in-2-Miles.
- Cleaning my sewing area took a couple of hours on Sunday. There were two problems to deal with: what to do with all those scraps, and getting distracted by a quilting book. I had to slam the book shut after 10 minutes to make myself get focused. Finally I am able to use the tabletop of the Hoosier cabinet for cutting again. It's been awhile.
- I've been clearing too-big clothing out of my closet. It seems I favor a certain color...can you guess?
All the hanging items.
And the folded ones. Not all of these are too big, they are just in the green family. Luckily I also like red, purple, brown, orange and tan so my closet isn't bare.