Borders have been completed for the second of the two Any Witch Way (Quiltmaker Sept/Oct 2009) quilts. Construction of the piano key border in strip sets took some time and by complete serendipity--not planning--fit perfectly. I've mentioned before how I am not a MATH girl...
I had cut 1.5" strips per the pattern but did not like the diagonal setting it called for, so did a brick border on the first quilt and changed to the piano key for this one. I really like it.
Also, miraculously, the sections I made turned this corner in color order.
I'm now ready to start making letters. I decided to make the names color-match the witches' hats, with the background the same black Dimples fabric for all. Tonya's basic instructions feature approximately 3.5" tall letters and that will work well for this size project. The first name I am going to make is JERRYL. I chose that one because of the simpler letters to construct, like J, E, and L. Wish me luck!
Two more blocks from the leader-ender project are on the pile--now more than halfway to the 20 blocks needed (Flowers for Nana Girl, from Scrap Basket Sensations).
This print is so cute--the little bees and flowers are sweet. No sewing for me tonight though, it's time to play Bunco with the gals!