Monday, October 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday--Oct 17, 2011

Another repeat--all that is happening here is wedding wedding wedding!  For my kind blog readers who were concerned about the outfit I'm making for the wedding, I present the following:
Hong Kong finishes on the seams of the jacket.

A hem, a button, and the jacket will be finished.  It looks better on me than the hanger, I promise!  The matching dress has yet to be made but will be much simpler than this 15 piece jacket.  A "backup" dress I ordered from Macy's should be arriving today as well.

I was missing the quilting portion of my sewing time so after the all the concentration on the jacket work I cut and sewed the binding for the wedding quilt and got some of the border strips together.  Ahh, that's better!  See more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times

11 comments:

Mary said...

I bet your outfit will be stunning on you. It has been so long since I sewed clothing, I'm not sure I could remember how to alter a pattern to fit me. Beautiful work on the jacket.

Debbie said...

Lovely jacket. Great finish on the seams.You've put lots of time into this outfit...I hope it all comes together beautifully.

Mary said...

The best Paydays are when you get to welcome new members to the family the 'easy' way- by marriage. Enjoy the remaining time. The back yard is looking great.

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks great! So glad you will have an outfit for the wedding! AND a finished quilt!

Denise :) said...

It's gorgeous!!! I love it - you did a marvelous job. I would love to see a photo of it on you. :)

Amy said...

Annie,
Nice job on the jacket, I am sure you will be lovely!

Shay said...

Great job on the jacket Annie. (Every time I see that fabric it looks a different shade!)Onto the dress.

How many days to go?

Candace said...

You're so organized, Annie! The jacket is gorgeous and your work is perfection! I love that you have a backup dress - something I know I would do!
Cheers!

Tanya said...

Wow, you are so brave to be making an outfit for a WEDDING! I'd say only 40% of the time something I make is wearable. I try hard but after all the work it doesn't look quite right. Make sure you model it for us!

Libby said...

Wedding prep is reaching a fevered pitch - so exciting!

Gari in AL said...

My prep for my first child's wedding was to buy a dress on sale. I wore that dress to all four kid's weddings and never again: it hangs on a door in my bathroom. I told the kids that if they married a second time I was coming in jeans. Really scared the first child who married a second time. ;-) Great jacket.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...