- After spending so much time at my sewing machine this past week but not having any piecing or quilting to show for it, I'm feeling a bit "off".
- Bride to Be Elaine is very organized and has lists for everything. She and her fiance Chris have been very thoughtful in making their day special and unique for family and friends.
- My one work friend invited to the wedding has been more stressed out over her outfit than I have, and has done way more shopping. I think she's finally set!
- Don't you hate shopping for intimates? It's demoralizing enough just trying on regular clothes, let alone bodyshapers and bras. It seems someone should have improved lighting in dressing rooms after all these decades.
- Traffic rant: Extreme slowpokes. Now, I'm known as the slowpoke in our family because I don't like to exceed the speed limit on the freeway. But I also don't impede traffic by going 15 miles an hour below the limit as every car has to change lanes to pass. These dimwits come in all age brackets so don't think I'm picking on the elderly.
- I got a flu shot at my #2 employer's free clinic at the hospital on Friday. My method of coming late in the day worked out perfectly, since I time it after 4 PM to let all the folks getting off at 3 PM finish up. I had a close parking spot and walked in and out in less than 10 minutes, no waiting.
- Future SIL Chris came by on Saturday with a load of wedding items and we discussed some more details. Grant said he wasn't going to ask him if he was nervous, which is the common query, and Chris said he only felt that way when he pictured everyone looking at him at once. He said he was going to get a veil to pull over his face. Then he asked if he was going to be wearing a corsage (instead of saying boutonniere) and I teased that it sounded like he wanted to be the bride!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Tuesday's Orts--Oct 25, 2011
Orts on Tuesdays are the thoughts and bits of my week that hit this spot...