Tuesday's Orts--Jan 24, 2012
Tuesday's Orts--bits of thoughts and scraps of events from my week that land here.
- Friday's excursion to L.A. was made so pleasant by getting chauffeured by my dad and spending the ride solving the world's problems in the backseat with Cousin Florence.
- I could eat tacos every day. And I did about four days last week: Fish tacos at Spencer Mackenzie, beef ones from Taco Bell, short rib tacos at Parkway Grill, chicken tacos on date night, and breakfast tacos tonight. Oops, I guess that's five times.
- Traffic Rant: Extreme speeders in heavy traffic. These maniacs seem to travel together in pods. They come out of nowhere, zoom across and through multiple lanes of traffic without giving anyone a second to get out of their way, and then vanish into the future. Good riddance!
- Saturday night turned out to be date night. Dinner and a movie? Okay, I can get out of my pajamas for that! Sherlock Holmes was very entertaining and the popcorn good and buttery.
- My Road to California Quilt Show meetup with fellow bloggers Julie and Libby was great fun. They introduced me to Dawn, of Collector with a Needle. Lots of laughter and getting to know each other stories. Loved it!
- Best line of the day was by Libby: "Block of the Months are my Kryptonite. I just can't take them."
- How to tell when you're nearing a quilt convention:
No need for the GPS guide any more!