- Last week when my sister Kathy was here she brought her laundry over from her hotel and we hung out for a few hours (Mom was here for part of that), then went to a quilt shop and finally out to dinner with her daughter and boyfriend. Sure wish Kathy lived less than 1900 miles away so we could do this more often. Like once a week. And there would be quilting circle time too.
- On Thursday I took an out of town trip with my friend Pat. We met at the office and then headed toward the 101 freeway. There was a heron/crane resting on top of the light standard as we went up the onramp leaving town. That was a new sight!
- Our destination was Pismo Beach, a lovely drive through the rolling hills of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties to the sea. I dressed for cold weather and regretted it, especially the long-sleeved turtleneck, as it was an unusual 75 degrees there.
- Things I Don't Understand: Strollers for Dogs. Especially bigger dogs, like the Standard Poodle I saw being pushed around a crowded retail store. (Of course, I don't understand having to take your dog everywhere with you either.)
- In a first for my friend Pat, I took her into Quiltin' Cousins, a tiny little quilt shop in a converted bungalow. She was shocked that I didn't buy anything (see above entry about quilt shop foray the day before).
- My camera did not make it out of my purse a single time on our excursion. The sidewalks were crowded with tourists and after a few turns about town past all the touristy shops, including hitting the same main intersection about four times, we headed home. Said Pat, "That was a long drive for lunch."
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Tuesday's Orts--thoughts and bits of my week that end up here.