Monday, February 6, 2012

Design Wall Monday--Feb 6, 2012

On my design floor today is a nice amount of progress on the Bricks & Stepping Stones flimsy. 
The center is complete and I'll be moving on to borders, which are already cut, yay!  The green row markers were a new to me Post It product I picked up in the office supplies section at Big Lots recently.


These sticky notes are completely sticky, not just on one edge. They stayed on through all the piecing, flipping, ironing, and row assembly without my having to restick them on or use a pin.  Gotta like that.


My progress on the top was impeded a bit by prepping all these HSTs--over 100--to use as leader-enders.  I trimmed them to 4" and eventually they will all be pinwheels like the few on the left.  Most will have the same color on each blade.  I also spent time finishing the little red and white zig zag quilt for my blogaversary giveaway.  See my last post to enter.  More design walls are on Judy's Patchwork Times. 

16 comments:

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your projects are great. Thanks for the heads up on the post its. Always looking for something that will work besides pins.

Sarah said...

Love the color combo for your B&SS flimsy!

Candace said...

Looking good, Annie! I've got to get some of those post its! I use the ones with glue on only one end and detest how they curl up and fall off! Perfect pinwheels, too!
Cheers!

Jan said...

I love your Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt top.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Looks great. I LOVE post it notes. I use them for everything.

Jeanne said...

Love your colors! This is another one that has been on my 'to do' list for some time. You're making great progress.

Tamera said...

Your Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt is SO cute. I've made a couple of those quilts and they've always turned out so nice.

Shay said...

I'll be looking for those post its. That's a much better idea than pinning.

Your quilt is looking fabulous!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I'll have to find some of those Post-Its! Are you going to be using one of the great border patterns in Judy's new book? I can't wait to have a top ready to use one.

Michele said...

Looking good :-) I use regular post its for row markers and also to mark my spot in a pattern while cutting, so I can just glance over and quickly see measurements. I'll be looking for this all sticky kind!

Vivian said...

I thought I had every version of Post-Its, but this is a new one to me. Sounds like a gotta-have quilting tool.

I'm trying to train myself to use leaders and enders all the time. I often forget, even though a box of triangles is sitting right next to my machine. Old habits are hard to break.

carol fun said...

That quilt it looking fine! I need to find those post it labels- I love all the 3M products.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love it! It looks great! It's a very dramatic and and masculine looking quilt!

Kate said...

Bricks and stepping stones is looking really good. I was wondering at first if the green was part of the border. Good think you explained the sticky notes!

Nanette Merrill said...

It turned out really great. Nice job.

Sandra said...

Love the layout of your Bricks and Stepping Stone quilt. Very nice!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...