- Things I Don't Understand: Eye shadow trios that only come with one two-sided applicator, making you supply another tool to apply all three. Can you say cheap?
- I made a near fatal error the other day when I mistook Daughter #1 for Daughter #2 on the phone. Oops!
- A trip to the local JoAnn's Fabrics during the Superbowl meant I was there during the last hour the store was open. Someone made polite but firm loudspeaker announcements every few minutes saying the store was closing in X minutes and to bring all tickets to the cutting counter, bring all purchases to the registers, etc. I felt a bit harassed and it sure didn't make me want to linger and perhaps spend more money during their Super Sale.
- My mom and her friends are spending uncountable hours emptying the very full home of their recently departed friend, organizing a sale and taking home treasures, as was her wish. I became the owner of an Elna sewing machine and a folding sewing table last weekend. Haven't tried her out yet and she will be going to Mr. Cubbage the sewing machine man for a spa day soon.
- Groundhog day was last week but since here in SoCal we never had winter, I can't see much difference occurring over the next six weeks. Time to plant some lettuce!
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Tuesday's Orts--Feb 7, 2012
Another edition of the bits and thoughts of my week that land on Tuesdays.