- Saturday's room rearranging felt like those children's puzzles where you slide tiles trying to complete an image. We had to repeat aloud the order we needed to do things several times as we shifted boxes, bags, bundles, hanging items, and heavy pieces of furniture, but made a satisfying solution.
- I did find two things I had been looking for--the removable free arm cover for my sewing machine, and a kit of Australian fabrics I bought in Cairns. Hopefully I will not lose them again!
- Traffic rant: Drivers who creep and speed up, creep and speed up, looking for an address, street, or other unknown object, and then suddenly stop or turn but don't bother to signal. Maybe this is why: http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2012/05/21
- Son Nick came over Sunday with his laundry and wearing his Kings hockey shirt and couldn't believe the game wasn't already being watched. Grant remedied that immediately.
- I forgot all about the solar eclipse until Nick and I noticed the sunset was odd looking and we headed to the front yard to watch. A neighbor had set up a mini telescope on a patio chair and was having to relocate further and further down the street as the sun sank behind some tall Eucalyptus trees. She ended up right beside Nick's truck. Suddenly all the neighbors were gathered in front of our place, talking, laughing, and sharing news. We all peeked at the eclipse safely through the telescope:
Very cool small telescope!
The neighbor was snapping images with her camera every few minutes for her students. Another neighbor stacked five pairs of sunglasses together to view the eclipse directly, a sight I wished I'd gotten a photo of too!