Three of the four blocks for one of the X blocks were sewn and pressed. That bottom left one might need some resewing as it is not laying flat. In my eagerness to proceed to sewing, I didn't check the pink swap blocks for square.
Oops, this one will need some adjustments too, so the sewing session ended for the day. Aren't these the prettiest fabrics? I just love them.
Grant was up by then and after he ate breakfast we proceeded to the next chore, which was fixing the washing machine agitator. For some unknown time, the top of the agitator was not turning, and through my online research, I learned the problem was some feed dogs wearing out, an easy fix not requiring more than a socket wrench and a half-hour's time. Replacement parts were ordered (less than $10) and received, directions read, and the first attempt made. Well, at first the top of the two part agitator was not "easily lifting off". Therefore, the You Tube video was watched, some extra muscle applied to separate the parts, and within 15 minutes the new feed dogs were inserted, agitator reassembled and the washing machine repaired. Isn't the Internet an amazing thing when help is required?
Final chore of the day was painting. We have had sample colors on the wall for months and finally agreed on one. Last weekend we picked up paint and supplies and started the prep.
Dining room paint samples and patching. Cute, huh? On the bottom left are the final two we were choosing between. We went with the lighter soft tan, called Fioli Antique Lace. We also picked a more expensive primer/paint combo for better coverage.
A few hours later, the walls were dry and looking pretty good. The medium terracotta we put on the walls more than 15 years ago will be covered over gradually. The last time we did this job it took the two of us nearly six weeks to complete, mostly because the house's "open plan" includes two-story walls in the living/dining room, a hallway to the family room, a wide stairwell and the second floor hallway, with no good place to stop. Today we'll continue the painting chore to get the dining room back together at least!