- To add to the bad news May brought, my favorite soft drink has been discontinued by Pepsi--they are no longer making Pepsi One. Curses!
- At work, as the last weeks are winding down until we close, Dr. P is having a hard time with not telling patients where he is going to be working next. But I keep giving him the "zip your lip" motions because the truth is that he doesn't have a contract yet and no one can make an appointment to see him. So he needs constant reminders to quit telling people!
- Meanwhile, fighting to get Palmetto GBA (Medicare) to process Dr. P's paperwork continues. After not properly getting our application scanned into their system for over three weeks, until I called to see where in process it was, the application has been rejected for further information, which we were previously told by a customer care agent that we DIDN'T need to have. Multiple phone calls have gone unanswered by the analyst assigned to our application who faxed that rejection. The frustration level is pretty horrendous to us all, but especially Dr. P, who has been seeing 40% of his patient load for free for six months.
- I came home Friday to find that our son's truck was no longer parked in front of our house. I thought the damn thing had been stolen, given the luck we were having with thieves hitting the neighborhood. Grant reassured me that it had instead been towed by AAA to the muffler shop to replace the stolen catalytic converter, a $200 repair job. The muffler repair shop owner told Grant that the thieves only get about $30 for the metals inside the converter, "Just enough to buy a bag of dope". Sickening.
- Traffic rant: People in parking lots who block two lanes of traffic because they can't wait for someone to back out of that closest-spot-to-the-store and don't want anyone else to get it. Oafs!
- Do you have five minutes to smile? Go watch this: http://m.gizmodo.com/5915338/is-this-the-most-epic-marriage-proposal-in-history-i-dont-really-know-but-i-would-say-yes
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Tuesday's Orts--bits and scraps of thoughts and happenings that land here semi-regularly.