- Grant's car accident was over a month ago and he has been released from doctor's care and gotten another car--he replaced his 2005 Acura TL with an almost exact replica--it's even the same dark gray color. It isn't surprising, really, since it took him 9 months to find a car he liked enough to buy and he only had it for six months.
- Unemployment isn't quite a reality yet, since I am still working a bit at both my jobs, though it is hard trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up, and depressing to look at the unemployment statistics in CA.
- Traffic Rant: A large backup of one side of a six lane boulevard caused me to abandon plans to visit a certain store, and I pulled into a turn lane at a signal. The driver of a small pickup truck, however, didn't make that choice early enough. He was stuck in an unmoving line and after a mere minute or so--the signal light had not even cycled yet--he nevertheless decided to drive up and over the median and make an illegal U turn in heavy traffic, blocking two lanes until the signal changed. Unbelievable.
- Being home a lot more has caused an unexpected result: the house gets dirtier faster. Scratch and shed season never seems to stop with our two animals!
- DD Erica walked in the front door from an outing in tandem with me taking the last stitch on her laptop bag yesterday. She asked if I needed to take a picture for my blog (of course I did) and commented she "had better be in it". That necessitated a wardrobe change but then we headed outside for modeling.
Silly girl! Big and roomy bag for our college senior's laptop, books, and school ephemera. The plumeria in the background has been loving the hot weather for the past several weeks.
Two interior pockets and nice thick straps. I had to redo the straps entirely since I neglected to add interfacing for extra strength and shaping, and was glad I took the extra time to do so. I also stitched from top to bottom at each corner to give the bag shape and keep the lining from shifting around. Ready for campus now!